Documentary Peer Editing
Please answer the following questions in complete sentences on a piece of paper. Discuss your answers with the creator/editor and then turn in this sheet to me.
1. Is there an introduction to the documentary subject? Is it effective, why or why not?
2. Are the interview sound bytes kept between eight and fifteen seconds in length? Do the interviews move the story along? Are the interviews free of background noise?
3. Is there narration in the video? If there is no narration, are there titles that further the story? Are either of these an effective way to help tell the story?
4. Is the enough B-roll in the video? Does the B-Roll enhance the story or is it just filler? What other B-Roll footage is needed?
5. Is the story as a whole both interesting and engaging? Why or why not?
6. What music is used? Is there enough variety? Could more music be helpful?
7. Please list three suggestions to make this documentary more engaging.