Documentary Peer Editing
Please answer the following questions on a piece of paper. Discuss your answers with your partner and then turn in this sheet at the end of class.
1. Is there an introduction that explains the documentary subject? Do people explain the subject? Is it effective, why or why not?
2. Are the interview sound bytes kept between eight and fifteen seconds in length? Do the interviews move the story along?
3. Is the enough B-roll in the video? Does the B-Roll enhance the story or is it just filler? Could adding any pictures from the Internet help the story? Does the B-Roll need transitions?
4. Is the project 2:30-5:00 minutes in length?
5. What music is used? Is there enough variety? Could more music be helpful?
6. Can you hear all of the interviews OK? In other words, are there any TCP errors?
7. Finally, what would you do to improve this video? Give three specific examples.
8. Is there a title, fade-in, fade-out, and credits?