Camera Skills Assignment 1
Video Production 1
Get into groups of three or four students.
Each student will shoot all the shots straight through and then the next students will shoot.
Make a slate or piece of paper with your name on it and record it at the beginning of your segment.
Zoom in and focus for every shot before you record.
Record each shot for 5-10 seconds.
You will be graded on the following criteria:
All shots must be steady, in focus, and correct in composition to receive credit. When you are panning or trucking, remember to us two hands if that helps. Also, for each shot please consider the Rule of Thirds, Framing, Proper Headroom, and Leading the Subject where they apply.
· XLS or establishing shot (no zoom)
· Truck Right slowly with subject
· Slow Pan Left to object
· Slow Tilt up to object
· POV (set up shot first, it’s two shots)
· Use leading lines to showcase a subject
· Frame a subject using an object in the shot
· Slow Dolly in from LS to CU of subject
· Heads in Tails Out (two shots)
Note: this project will take two days.
Every shot needs to be white balanced, in focus, and steady for 5-10 seconds.
When all students are satisfied they have shot “A” work for every shot, they will bring the tape and camera back to class and import the clips to Adobe Premiere.