Camera Skills Assignment 1
Video Production 1
1. Make a slate or piece of paper with your name on it and record it at the beginning of your segment.
2. White balance.
3. Zoom in and focus for every shot before you record.
4. Record each shot for 10 seconds. The only thing that should be on your tape is the shot itself, followed by the next shot.
You will be graded on the following criteria:
All shots must be steady, in focus, and correct in composition to receive credit. When you are panning or trucking, remember to us two hands if that helps. Also, for each shot please consider the Rule of Thirds, Framing, Proper Headroom, and Leading the Subject where they apply.
4. XLS or establishing shot (no zoom)
5. Truck Right slowly with subject
6. Slow Pan Left to object
7. Slow Tilt up to object
8. POV (set up shot first)
9. Selective Focus with two objects
10. Slow Dolly in from LS to CU of subject
11. Heads in Tails Out
When you are finished with your shots it is your responsibility to get Mr. Mitchell to watch the tape and grade it. Please cue your tape accordingly.