I am at home with the baby, but I will be back Friday. Today you will start Jaws. Spielberg does an excellent job using all of the camera shots we have discussed in class. See if you can spot the zoom-in/dolly out shot on the beach about 25 minutes into the movie.
On Friday we will watch some of the music videos and you will write your treatment for your three-minute movie in class.
Your homework? You must decide on a storyline for your movie from beginning to end. You can make a scary movie, a comedy, a thriller, or an action movie. Or if it's really good maybe it will contain elements of all of these.
For this assignment all of your music must be done on Garageband. You will be given time in class to create the music.
You will write scripts and create storyboards next week in class and as homework.
You can work with one other person on this project, but I would prefer as many individual projects as possible.
Each person will edit their own video.
The movie, including brief credits, must end at exactly 3:00. Not a second longer.
I want each of you to focus on the lighting in this video. Use lighting for a purpose.
Also, get creative with your shots. Combine shots. Make sure each shot is framed with an interesting compostion.
Basically these videos should be "arty".
1. Please describe your story in four to five detailed sentences. Include character descriptions and motivation. What is the conflict? What will get resolved?
2. Who are you working with, if anyone?
3. What is the tone of your movie? What type of Genre are you attempting?
4. What will make this interesting to your classmates? Why will I want to watch the video?
5. What types of shots will you shoot that you haven't done before? How will you improve on this video compared to the music video?
Email your treatment to me with Video 1 Treatment in the subject line.