You will make a thirty second professional style commercial for a school related group, sport, club, or after-school function etc. Your commercial should be shot and edited in a high-energy style that encourages the other students in the school to either participate in and/or support your chosen group. You will have time during class to shoot the video, or you can shoot before or after school. Each student must do their own commercial.
Commercial Assignment Requirements:
Fade In and Fade Out.
Commercial must be exactly thirty seconds
12 shot minimum-like music videos, most commercials use shots only two to five seconds in length.
Use music appropriate for the commercial and school group.
Use text in your commercial to emphasize in writing what you are trying to sell.
Create a nifty slogan or catch phrase. VERY IMPORTANT!
Use a variety of shots.
Shoot at least two complicated shots. For example, a ‘zoom in and pan’ or a ‘zoom out and truck’ etc.
Steps for assignment:
1. Answer Treatment questions below.2. Email Treatment questions to the adviser asking permission to shoot a commercial for the club, sport, or event. Introduce yourself and ask if they would like to meet in person.
You will write a detailed commercial treatment and send it to the coach or advisor of your club/activity/sport etc. You will ask for their permission to make a commercial and also for suggestions. You will also send me a copy (CC) of this email.
List of advisors:
School event Calendar
Treatment questions you must answer in COMPLETE sentences.
- What group have you selected as your subject?
- Why did you select this group and why do you think you can make an interesting commercial for this group?
- What is your original concept? How are you going to SELL your subject?
- What will your tag line be? It needs to be something catchy and memorable.
- What kind of music will you use in the background?
- Please email the advisor or coach of your commercial subject. Schedule a time to shoot with this person. Include me on this email.